The Greatest Cheese Crab Dip Recipe In All The Land
Just like the hokey-pokey this cheese crab dip is what it’s all about.
Do you want the exact recipe for awesomeness? Well look no further than down at the bottom of this page.
*If you are not a lover of cheesy, melt in your mouth, glorious gooey guts bursting at the seams of flavor power, then this may not be your exact recipe for awesomeness and you should leave immediately cause we don’t like your kind around here much.
But if you are a lover…read on! You, my fellow crab nerd, are in for a treat!
This happens to be one of my family favorites.
It tastes so good that it can’t be good for you…and it isn’t. Not with all the added cheesy goodness but sometimes you’ve got to throw healthy eating out the door and invite them back when the guilt sets in.
So long healthy food! Hello mouth fiesta!
Cheese Crab Dip Recipe
- 2 cups of fresh crab meat or 2 cans of Jumbo lumb blue crab meat
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup buttermilk 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup white Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup capers, drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped yellow onion
- 2 (8 ounce) cans artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh chopped dill
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 round loaf sourdough
Method to the Rad-ness:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
Spray an 8×8 inch square baking dish with pam or lightly grease.
In a large bowl, combine the sour cream, cream cheese, buttermilk, mayonnaise, Monterey Jack cheese, Cheddar cheese, capers, artichoke hearts,onions, garlic, black pepper and dill. Gently fold in the crab meat. Stir until well mixed. Spread evenly into the baking dish. Sprinkle the top with Parmesan cheese and a light dusting of Old Bay Seasoning.
Pop it in the oven and bake until top is browning and crusty, about 15 to 20 minutes. Cut the top off the loaf of bread. Hollow out the loaf. Keep the bread innards for dipping later. Spoon hot dip into hollow bread loaf. Serve hot with the bread pieces.